XXL Necklaces are a MUST to complete a good look this season. Big rhinestones, metal pieces and the mixture of gold and silver is no longer “NO NO”. Instead of investing a lot of money on one of these necklaces, why not do it yourself and recycle your old accessories … Yes! you heard! RECYCLED! Would you like this necklace that frames your face, draws attention and creates a shinny show on your neck? DIY DRAMA necklace!!
Base (leather, plastic or felt)
Earrings (you already have to recycle)
Chains (you already have to recycle)
Rhinestones, crystals jewelry, buttons and studs
Transparent Strong Glue
Spray paint silver or gold
Rings and jewelry closure
1. Make a half moon template and transfer the paper figure to the leather. Cut the shape of the base where you will glue all the accessories and beads. Punch holes every 2cm on top to mount the chain.
2. Paint this base with spray paint.
3. Let dry well. If you find metallic colored leather you can skip this painting step.
4. Start from the center working out to the sides. I glued an old chandelier earring in the middle as a centerpiece.
5. Border the center piece with chains or a strip of rhinestone glue it with the transparent glue.
6. Keep gluing the pieces the same on both sides. I mixed gold with silver pieces for a more interesting look.
7. Try gluing the pieces as close as possible. When you are finished with the large pieces, fill in the small gaps with diamonds and rhinestones with the help of a toothpick for better accuracy.
8. Divide the chain in half and mount a ring that will start in the middle of the leather base.
9. Mount with rings the chain to each hole of the leather base.
And you’re ready to wear it! It’s a bib necklace that combines perfectly with any color in your closet. The mixture of gold and silver metals gives it a very interesting look and it’s a piece that you can make by recycling the pieces of jewelry you no longer use.