Geometric designs are getting more and more popular today, and this shoe rackis inspired by them. Each module here is a triangular tube, the length and size of the module depends on your shoe size! Start by creating a module: cut a piece of cardboard to the size you need, here it’s about 21″x24″. Score it into 3 equal sides. Use a piece of duct tape and tape the piece into a triangular tube like shown above. Now you have the first module, repeat to create more, make them as much as you need. Glue or tape each row onto thick cardboard so they stay together. Read what to do next in the source.
If you’re the regular t-shirt-and-skinny-jeans kind of girl, then you better learn a thing or two from this style roundup. While denim is everyone’s tried-and-true wardrobe staple, it certainly doesn’t mean that it can’t be anything more than basic. From Nadine Lustre’s patchwork skirt, to Sofia Andres’ ’70s flares, to Lovi Poe’s ripped up pair, who says you can’t have some on-trend fun with your trusty jeans?
In creating this lovely purse that is woven out of zippers, the bags that are often seen in the airport gift shops were the main point of inspiration. You can make your own using the colors shown or any combination that works best for your outfits.
You will need: – zippers in different colors; – glue; – pins; – scissors.
First, on a flat surface, lay out and weave the zippers according to the images shown. Get the sides of the zippers together and secure them temporarily by pinning them. Starting from the bottom corner, glue the ends of all the zippers making sure you maintain a consistent pattern of the woven by trimming off the ends. When the bottom part is woven and glued you can take off the pins and trim the end of each zipper, weave in the ends on the top and the raw edges under a vertical zipper. Next, wrap the top ends of the vertical zipper’s margins over the top horizontal zipper and glue. Afterwards, take two zippers, cut them about 10” and glue them to the underneath top edge of the tote. To finish the bag, cover up all raw ends by taking any left scraps of zippers and glue them to the zippers around the inside guideline of the tote. Have fun!
In preparation for fall and the gorgeous, cozy fall outfits, I wanted to share with you 20 stylish ways to wear boots. (Fall, the best time of the year!) The outfit possibilities with boots are endless. This should give you style inspiration for the fall season so here is a collection of my favorite boot outfits that I’ve worn on the blog.
Boots are my preferred footwear during the fall. With the so many options available: over the knee, flat, heel, wedge, pointed toe, ankle, etc. there is a boot to go with every outfit style. There are boots for casual outfits, dressing up and work professionally.
Depending on your style and your personal preference a classic black or brown riding boot might just be the only boot you need this fall. But if you’re a boot enthusiast, like I am, then you’ll want to wear flat embellished ankle boots, heeled ankle boots in black and brown, of course some furry boots for the snow and so on.
In the fall boot outfits below you’ll see a variety of outfits with a variety of boots. You’ll also find a list with an outfit explanation and a link to more photos.
1. Wearing neutrals and cozy knits with brown ankle boots One of the most popular outfits on my blog features a pair of gorgeous and perfect brown ankle boots from Sole Society. I wore an oversized turtleneck, matching blazer, belt and distressed jeans. Overall this outfit is very cozy and can be worn on a casual date or walk along the park.
2. Skinny jeans and a cape with brown suede knee boots Capes are one of the few items that only really can be worn a couple of months out of the year so I take full advantage. I wore brown suede boots with my favorite skinny jeans and an amazing brown cape.
3. Form-fitting dress with an awesome pair of black ankle boots Be a little more daring with your fall outfit and go bare legged. A form fitting long sleeve dress with a rocking black leather jacket was the perfect companion to the black ankle boots.
4. Fair isle leggings and the coziest of scarfs with the cutest snow boots Snow boots; more of a necessity than a fashion item but with the right pair they can be darn cute. I love cozy looking outfits when at the snow so it was only right to wear fair isle leggings with these furry snow boots.
5. Boyfriend beanie and burgundy jumper with a pair of black studded riding boots You can look stylish with a few essentials: boots, beanie, jumper, and jeans. This combination makes for the perfect fall outfit every time, just make sure the color coordinate.
6. Pleated mini skirt and a long overcoat with a pair of thigh high boots With the right clothing combination, fall outfits can be sexy. I took a fun approach with these black suede thigh high boots and worn them with a black pleated mini skirt and long overcoat.
7. Cozy for the office with cropped burgundy trousers and matching gray knits Boots can be appropriate for the office when worn with work appropriate clothing. Pair ankle boots with cropped trousers and a sweater, if it’s very chilly then add a scarf.
8. Grandpa cardigan and wool hat with flat embellished ankle boots A fun approach to wearing embellished boots is with grandpa inspired pieces such as a long cardigan and shirt plaid scarf. Pair your cardigan and scarf with a wool hat and you’re good to go.
9. Classic riding boots worn with super skinny jeans and a dressy black blazer Nothing is more classic than riding boots! A classic pair of black flat riding boots could be the only pair you need for fall.
10. Boots worn with the perfect pair of bootcut jeans Of course let’s not forget boots worn with boot cut jeans. Find the correct length in a darker wash and pair it with a nice blazer and button down for a cute fall outfit.
11. An all black outfit with black riding boots If you want to channel Angelina Jolie and go with an all black look try wearing a long black coat, black turtleneck and black jeans with some classic riding boots.
12. A cute outfit for the pumpkin patch I mentioned that the holidays was one of my favorite things about fall and I love going to the pumpkin patch! Wear a cute and stylish outfit to find your favorite pumpkin for Halloween and wear brown boots with jeans. Add a splash of color to this pumpkin patch outfit with a scarf and hat.
13. Menswear inspired outfit with a feminine touch Channeling the menswear inspired trend try a pair of black ankle boots with menswear accessories; such as a boyfriend blazer and men’s watch.
14. Pair your neutral sweater dress with tights and suede boots Suede boots and tights go and in hand so why not pair them and wear them with a neutral sweater dress and cozy cardigan.
15. Go casual and wear flat brown ankle boots with brown bomber jacket and tee For a relaxed look wear cuffed denim jeans with low brown ankle boots and matching bomber jacket for a relaxed outfit that works for a weekend outdoors.
16. Fur snow boots and knits go hand in hand You need to stay warm and cozy in the snow so why not pair your very warm snow boots with leggings, a large sweater and oversized scarf. Make sure to wear your hair in a ponytail in case it starts to snow.
17. Brown suede boots and a white peacoat Play with length and try wearing your coat as a winter dress, top it off with a hat and suede boots.
18. Embellished ankle booties with a touch of color Embellished boots don’t need much reinforcement when it comes to the outfit, these beauties are the center of this look. Taupe flat ankle boots paired with bright green and blazer make the perfect fall outfit combination.
19. Pair rugged boots with pretty clothing A rugged outdoor terrain calls for boots that can handle the storm. Even though the top half of this snow outfit is cute the bottom half is snow proof.
20. Black over the knee boots with a rocking leather jacket For an ultra cool fall look wear your black over the knee boots with a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. To soften up the outfit just a tad I wore a white knit sweater.
As we anticipate cooler weather in the coming days, it’s also high time for our wardrobe to take on a new color palette. Wearing neutral colors such as gray, nude, beige, and taupe is a surefire way to looking fresh while piling on thicker pieces and mastering your layering skills. These versatile hues are wearable altogether or can be styled with various textures and pops of color.
From Olivia Palermo’s neat trick to street style-proof accessorizing, here are 5 know-hows to looking très chic in neutrals this season.
1. Try the on-trend sweater + skirt combo.
2. A long, tailored vest is worth the cash-out to create a sleeker, more polished silhouette.
3. Balance out the daintiness of the color palette with androgynous pieces like blazers and loafers.
4. Bring your look together with a tote in a warmer hue…
5. …Or have a bit more fun by playing with textures (denim and suede look fab!), prints, or a punch of color.