As we anticipate cooler weather in the coming days, it’s also high time for our wardrobe to take on a new color palette. Wearing neutral colors such as gray, nude, beige, and taupe is a surefire way to looking fresh while piling on thicker pieces and mastering your layering skills. These versatile hues are wearable altogether or can be styled with various textures and pops of color.
From Olivia Palermo’s neat trick to street style-proof accessorizing, here are 5 know-hows to looking très chic in neutrals this season.
1. Try the on-trend sweater + skirt combo.
2. A long, tailored vest is worth the cash-out to create a sleeker, more polished silhouette.
3. Balance out the daintiness of the color palette with androgynous pieces like blazers and loafers.
4. Bring your look together with a tote in a warmer hue…
5. …Or have a bit more fun by playing with textures (denim and suede look fab!), prints, or a punch of color.