Sunday 3 April 2016

DIY WEDDING PETAL BAG/PURSE/CLUTCH

DIY Wedding petal bag purse clutch-
Way back in 2009 after I made my DIY Petal Clutch Bag & DIY Petal Heels {using cut pieces of chiffon to create the petal affect} I found these white pre-made faux petals at the craft store and thought I’d try them out in similar DIYs but for wedding purposes instead. Alas, I never got around to it. But since it’s wedding season, it’s been on my mind for the last few months and I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect little satin clutch to petal when I finally realized I had a great vintage option instead.
I had originally planned to petal the entire thing, but since this bag was so different, I created a petal-floral design instead, and love it. If however, you’d like to create one for your own wedding, use a combination of this diy and my DIY Petal Clutch Bag to create the perfect petal wedding clutch. They’re so romantic I think.
If you’re looking for more inspiration or to shop, click: Wedding Clutches and Bridal Bags

Here’s What You’ll Need…

DIY Wedding petal bag purse clutch-1
* Vintage or new purse/clutch bag… fabricated so that you can stitch onto it
If your wedding is along the vintage, natural, wild flower variety, this vintage woven look would work perfectly. If your wedding is more along the lines of modern and/or glam or perfectly detailed, I’d find a pretty white satin clutch to use as your base. But don’t forget to shop at thrift/vintage stores if you’re on a budget OR want something unique and original.
* Synthetic petals
* Matching thread & needle

Steps…

DIY Wedding petal bag purse clutch-2
* Decide where you want to begin your petal design… Unless you’re going to petal the entire bag like this DIY Petal Clutch Bag, then beginning at the bottom and working your way up may be the best option.
* Pinch the tops of your petals and hand stitch them on one at a time.
DIY Wedding petal bag purse clutch-3
* Continue the same method to create a fluffy petal design.
DIY Wedding petal bag purse clutch-4
* With a few sheer petals, fold then pinch them into a fortune cookie shape, and stitch them in between your larger full petals to add texture and dimension {as well as to disguise areas of the tops of some petals that don’t lay correctly}

And… Voila!

diy wedding petal bag+blue heels
DIY Wedding petal bag purse clutch-6
vintage woven purse with white  petals
Wedding Petal Purse-bag-clutch- DIY

source

No comments: