Hi there, sorry for the missed post yesterday! It's been a long day of studying for exams. Anyway, today I'd like to share a little DIY project I made over the weekend. I really love the geometric trend going on, and it inspired me to make this geometric diamond necklace. It was super easy and fun to do, cost almost nothing and has already brought me compliments. I hope you'll enjoy it!
- a chain necklace and a jumpring
- a paintbrush and paint (No paint? Nail polish works fine too!)
- a small scrap piece of leather (genuine or synthethic), approx. 1.5" x 1.5"
- a diamond shape
- tape and scissors
- an awl or a needle
1. Draw the outline of the diamond shape on the piece of leather. Cut the shape out of the leather with scissors, making sure to cut just inside the pen marks so you don't have any lines showing.
3. Cover with tape, leaving one area exposed.
4. Paint the exposed area. Let dry.
5. When it's completely dry, slowly remove the tape.
6. Repeat steps 3, 4, 5 until you have painted the whole shape.
7. Make a tiny hole at the top of the pendant, using an awl or a needle. Spread open the jump ring and pass one end through the hole in the pendant. Put a necklace chain inside the jump ring before pinching it closed.
8. Voilà, you're done! Wear it proudly.
I hope you will enjoy making your own geometric diamond necklace, in any colors you fancy! Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day!