Tuesday 4 November 2014

DIY: FAIRY DUST NECKLACES

I am and always will be a kid at heart.  I still adore anything related to princesses or Disney.  I will, on any random evening, watch a Disney movie while drinking Yoo-hoo!
But I digress…
If you have been a reader for a while, you know I used to run a handmade jewelry Etsy shop (and still have a few items available if you are interested). Since redirecting my energy towards Gallymogger, I find myself still wanting to create fun and whimsical jewelry every once in a while.
On that note, let me present my latest silly creation…the fairy dust necklace!
Here is what you will need:
small glass vial (I found mine here)
necklace chain
jump ring (if necessary)
Directions:
1.  Create a funnel with a piece of paper and pour glitter in the vial about 3/4 full.
2.  Screw the eye hook into the cork
3. Cork the bottle (add a dab of heavy-duty glue if you are inclined)
4. Either thread the necklace chain, or use pliers to open the jump ring and connect the necklace that way.
5. Make a wish and get ready to look adorable!
All in all this is a very inexpensive project that makes a great looking gift!

No comments: