Wednesday 18 November 2015

Floral Vans Restyle DIY

My best friend got married a few weeks ago and the bridesmaids wore white Vans, I had a few ideas of what I wanted to do with them afterwards and I'm glad I went with this option. I love how customizable canvas shoes are and I was very pleased with how these turned out.
 Materials: White Canvas Shoes, Iron-on printer paper, leather cord (optional)
Steps: Print out your design on your paper as the directions say, Cut out designs and iron on.
Remember to let the image cool down completely before peeling away the paper. If you mess up, try layering parts of the design. I like how parts of my flowers came out worn looking. Cut a piece of leather cord the length of your old shoe laces and weave in!

*For my image, I just searched 'floral pattern' and this came up. I do not own this image, I am only using it for personal use- so keep that in mind when you are making your own!







  This could possibly be one of my favorite projects to date- I had all the materials on hand and it was SO simple. What pattern or image would you iron on your shoes? A few other ideas I had was ocean waves, forrest trees, pineapples, flamingos and daisies.

No comments: