When it comes to creating a powerful outfit, some of us tend to opt for heels. But for the inherently chic, the lack of heels doesn’t make an ensemble look any less stylish. On the contrary, flats can truly complement your clothes of choice, keep proportions on-point, and enhance a certain vibe that you’re going for. The bonus? You can still look polished without suffering from sore feet.
For guaranteed comfort and style, check out these street style-proven tips:
1. Wear your flats with cropped bottoms. This is also a genius trick to making your legs appear longer as it shows off a space between your ankles and the hem of your pants.
2. To elevate your flats, wear it with an interesting outfit such as an off-the-shoulder top paired with overalls.
3. Style your maxi dress with a lace-up pair instead of sandals for an unexpected touch to your boho look.
4. For a quirky, preppy vibe, wear your loafers with anklet socks.
5. To ensure proportion, skirts and dresses that fall above the knee are better worn with flats. Apparently, French girls use this rule to decide whether to go with heels or not.
6. Metallic flats are your best bet in boosting a neutral-colored outfit.
7. Go for flats with thinner straps for an extra dainty appeal.
8. Make a statement with your steppers by picking a bold color that would pop and pull your outfit together at the same time.