Tuesday 18 October 2016

CUTE & CREEPY DIY GOOGLY EYES CLUTCH FOR HALLOWEEN

googly-eyeball-clutch_red-dress
This is a ridiculously easy DIY and the perfect Halloween accessory for a fun and creepy little touch. Though I was inspired by all things Halloween, it’s actually cute and quirky enough to use year-round.
I only had little googly eyes to work with when the idea popped into my head, so I didn’t run out for more, but any size eyes would be adorable. The main concern though, is keeping them on. While you can use a hot glue gun, this E6000 adhesive holds forever, so I strongly suggest using it if you want your eyes to stay put.

Here’s What You Need…

diy-googly-eyeball-clutch-for-halloween_1
* Small purse or clutch, any material will work {mine is Nicole Miller from a few years ago}
Googly eyes, size of your choice
* Flat back crystals in black, {optional}
E6000 Adhesive + q-tips
* Check out Anya Hindmarch and Sophie Hulme clutches, bags and accessories for inspo creating two large googly eyes instead… scroll to the bottom to shop.

Steps…

diy-googly-eyeball-clutch-for-halloween_2
In a ventilated area, squeeze about a quarter-sized amount of glue onto a thick, disposable surface.
Grab a q-tip, dip it in your glue, then pick up your googly eyes one at a time and apply them to your clutch.
You can space them out evenly but randomly, as I did, or cover your entire purse with them. It’s up to you!
diy-googly-eyeball-clutch-for-halloween_3
On one side, I added black gems for an extra little shimmer… I left the other side with eyeballs only.
diy-googly-eyeball-clutch-for-halloween_4
TIP: Gems with pre-adhesive will not stay on for the longterm, or maybe even for five minutes.. Even though my black stones were sticky-sided, I glued them on anyway.

And… Voila!

eyeball-clutch_leather-jacket_sunglasses
eyeball-clutch_for-halloween
googly-eye-ball-clutch-tutorial

source

No comments: